Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Learning with a Community of Leaders From More Than 20 Nations

Hello everyone! If you did not hear from my parents, I have made it safely to South Africa and have begun my training program. I apologize for not being able to write earlier this is the first opportunity I have had to get to an Internet cafe. They have given us only ten minutes each and so I will have to be brief. I am hoping that we will have Internet access at the school facility soon.

There are 26 individuals here in the program with me from some of the following countries: Cuba, El Salvador, Uruguay, Togo, Jamaica, Bangladesh, Congo, Benin, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, Madagascar, Egypt and Burundi.

We are living and learning together. It has been and I believe will continue to be the single most amazing experience of my life. These people have been have been orphaned by genocide, beaten, seen family killed right in from of them, they work with rulers of nations and have perspective and understanding like I have never been exposed to. They are leaders in their nation doing amazing things to serve the people. I am honestly overwhelmed to have been given this opportunity and am treasuring every meal, conversation and assignment we are able to have together.

The teaching is also blowing my mind. I have to go and wish I could say more, but it is challenging me, the whole of my person, more than any other studying I have done before. For the most part, our sessions run 6 days a week from 8:45am-8:45pm, with meal and tea breaks. I will write more as soon as I can. I love you all.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooooo good to hear from you when I opened your blog....Wow, what an exciting time......I pray you can savor and enjoy and processes every experience.....still praying daily!!
Love you........

Unknown said...

Dear Heather...I am praying for you ever day...I really am and as I do it I find the Lord impresses me to pray for certain things, a focus and emphasis on a particular thing like protection, good health, accident free and wisdom for you. Love always Dad Send your requests..

Anonymous said...

Heth-a
great to hear that you are just soaking it all up. I can't wait to get a hug from Annely or Jenna when they come back in a couple weeks & know that it came from you, and hear from their mouths how you are doing & what your experience is like. Praying for you! Love, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, Aunt Caroline is so excited for you. What a representative of our country, and God you are! You are in our prayers daily, and also the people you will be working with, and the students who work beside you. Stay well, stay safe. Love you and God Bless you and the ones around you. Aunt Caroline 8-10-07

Anonymous said...

I remembered seeing you in a bridal gown wearing combat boots in a vision. Now you are being sown into His army. Pat and I continue to lift you in our prayers. Wave to us as we fly over S.A. on October 10th to Mozambique to encounter our destiny. With all our affection,
Perry & Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather...
thanks for the update. I've spoken with your mom as well. I sent an email to your "heather thailand" address, please go there and read when you have time.
We love and support what your doing!
Yey God!
xxoo Pat Templeton